We get ready in the bathroom each morning, brush up and wash up, do our little routines, and then repeat that all over again the next day. We want to walk out feeling fresh and clean, not grimy and gross, so if your bathroom doesn’t make you smile, let’s figure out how to change that! In less than 5 minutes per day, you can get your bathroom looking and feeling beautiful until a bigger cleaning takes place. Instead of racing out of the bathroom the second you finish up, add these simple steps in and enjoy the fruits of your labor. I feel like a million bucks when I wake up to a clean bathroom every day—it really makes a difference!
6 Simple Things To Do Every Day
- Squeegee your shower walls and tub after each use. A quick squeegee after each shower will help prevent soap scum and mildew from forming. You can also use a daily shower spray along with the squeegee.
- Keep an all-purpose cleaner and a microfiber cloth under your sink. This way you can quickly and easily wipe down your counter, sink and spot clean your mirror each night before bed. If you want to be extra fancy, keep a flat-weave microfiber cloth for the glass, and an extra plush cloth to polish up chrome fixtures, but if that’s too much a general purpose microfiber cloth will do.
- Sprinkle a couple of teaspoons of baking soda in the toilet overnight, and flush it in the morning. This helps deodorize the toilet and keep it cleaner. If you notice a ring building up, give the toilet bowl a quick 10 second scrub in the morning and flush.
- Keep your oral care and face care products and hand soap on your counter only, everything else needs storage so it doesn’t clutter up your counter. Line up each item parallel or perpendicular after each use and replace any other cosmetics or toiletry items where they belong. Leave nothing else out!
- Do a cursory tidy up by straitening up or replacing towels and putting any clothing away.
- Finish up by closing your shower curtain and ensuring you have toilet paper (yes, do this!).
This should take you less than 5 minutes each day! I know, these tips may seem simple, but actually implementing them into your daily routine will keep your bathroom looking gorgeous and ready for you to use each day.
Now, if you share a bathroom, you can either take this on yourself (because it’s all about how YOU feel in the end, not the other person), or you can work on this routine with the person or people you share it with, hoping that everyone can stick to the standards set out. If it helps, take a moment, and do a dry run. Establish where everything is going to go and what the routine looks like. Don’t overthink it, just do it!
5 Bonus Tips!
If you want to take that next step to a cleaner bathroom here are a few of my favorite tips.
- Leave a squeegee in your shower stall for easy use.
- After a shower, leave the door of the bathroom open and turn on the fan or open a window. This helps reduce moisture in the air and keeps the bathroom mildew-free.
- Locate a ‘home’ for each item in your bathroom, from cotton swabs to creams and hair styling products—this way you’ll know exactly where everything goes.
- Consider decluttering or getting rid of old products that are just taking up space!
- Have fun with it! You should enjoy the space so think about adding some greenery, or a DIY reed diffuser to make the space smell great!