I’m back in Chicago for the 2017 International Home & Housewares Show (IHHS) and I’m bringing you my favourite cleaning, organizing, and storage products from this massive housewares trade show!
10 Cool Cleaning & Organizing Products:
- Miracle Grow AeroGarden: Can you say “indoor garden”? It comes in 3 sizes, and the largest is wifi-enabled—that means never forgetting to water again, since it will send a message to your phone when it’s thirsty! You can grow lettuce, peppers, cherry tomatoes, or herbs. Never rely on the grocery store supply again!
- Design Ideas File: This line brings gorgeous colors and fun designs to office supplies, and keep an eye out for this year’s entry, my favorite: cactuses! (Cacti?) Magazine holders, pen cups, and more. Create a whole suite that is unified by its color and theme, for a desk that looks positively curated.
- 3 Sprouts Play Mat Bag: Imagine being able to make your kid’s toys disappear in two seconds! That’s the genius of these very-cute travel play mats, which are made of sturdy cotton canvas (so they’re easily machine-washable, for those inevitable juice box spills). When you’re ready to pack up, just close the velcro and grab the handles, and you and all the toys can be on your way.
- Casabella Bottle Brush: Keep an eye out for their 2017 bottle brush, which will allow you to fill the handle with soap (and it’s clear, so you can see when you’re running low). The head is removable and dishwasher-safe, and you can also replace it when it gets too gross.
- Spectrum Peg Board Organizers: We loved the “industrial chic” of these organizers, which work just as well lined up on a pegboard wall as they do screwed right into place. They have items that work in an office, but also in a craft room, garage, kitchen pantry, or gardening center.
- Kvell Storage Furniture: This furniture is remarkably sleek, especially if you consider that concealed within its seats is loads of storage space! They also make a hanging rack called the Versa, which is great for laying out clothes, functioning as a room divider, or a clever replacement for “The Chair” for those clothes that might be worn again and are not ready to be laundered.
- Biaggi Zipsak Luggage: These super-lightweight rolling suitcases that pack down to the size of a lunchbox when not in use are just as cool in person as they are in their ad. Lots of compartments make them uber-useful.
- Flip-It Bottle Emptying Kit: You know when you just know that there’s more shampoo/hand cream/lotion/whatever in the bottle, but it’s too low to get it out? These handy caps are the answer. Just pick your size and screw it in place, and it becomes a sturdy tripod that allows the excess product to fall to where you can squeeze it out.
- Messy Mutts Dog Feeder: It’s not just catering to dogs so that they don’t have to bend to eat their dinner (although that is nice too, especially if your pooch is aging and/or arthritic). But having the food bowl near their face means less mess to clean up, too! These clever feeders have adjustable legs, so you can customize to your dog’s height; removable stainless bowls makes them easy to wash clean.
- Koziol Paper Towel Stand: Um, this company makes (BPA- and melamine-free) paper towel holders and other kitchen gadgets that look like cats. Do I really need to say any more?