It should not come as a surprise that the most crust-laden place in my kitchen is…That gap between the stove and the counters!
How hideous is this mess? No one thinks to deal with it, but springtime is a great time to pull it out and get a quick little cleaning in there. It’s much easier than you think.
All you have to do is:
- Pull out the stove
- Sweep the crumbs and baseboards (they’ll be dusty)
- Spray any hardened gunk with all-purpose cleaner (you can do this for both the floor and the sides of the cupboards/counter)
- Spray and wipe the sides of the stove down (not the back)
- Back to the counter and cupboard area, use a SKrAPr to remove any hardened gunk and wipe the area clean, working your way from top to bottom
- Use the SKrAPr to lift any hardened gunk on the floor (warning, this might get really gross)
- Wipe tiles clean, and then hand wipe the rest of the tiled area where the stove sits, just for good measure
- Push the stove back into place.
To get any of the tools I’ve used for this task, check them out on Amazon!
Now, if you don’t have a SKrAPr, you can use an old credit card or a flat, dull edge. But I highly recommend the SKrAPr, I know I always talk about it but it makes jobs like this *so* much easier, it’s a no-brainer. I use mine at least twice a week.
I also found these little ‘wedges’ called the Kleen Seam which you can place on either side of your stove to prevent things from falling down there. These would need to be cleaned occasionally, but can help if this is a pain point for you. Look at the Amazon store above and you’ll see it.
This took me all of 5 minutes and now I feel like I have one less dirty little secret to hide. So, what are you waiting for…get on it!
Looking for a BETTER & EASIER Way to Clean Your Home?
Cleaning Expert Melissa Maker is here to help with her game-changing 3 Wave Cleaning System that will help you clean your house faster and easier than you ever thought possible!