The simplest things are often the most impactful. I love when things are easy!
If you notice a smell coming from a room, area or enclosed space, consider creating a small room deodorizer that will neutralize the smell.
All you need to create this powerful little treat is the following:
- Baking soda
- 10 drops of essential oil (optional – and pick your favorites – peppermint, rosemary, lemon, etc.)
- Cheese shaker
- Cheese cloth
Now, I know what you’re thinking, where’s the cheese in all of this. However, we won’t need any of that, because quite simply, baking soda will eliminate the bad smells all on their own.
Here’s how to make it:
- Fill your clean cheese shaker half way with baking soda
- Add 10 drops of essential oil (or 5 drops of 2 types of essential oils) – optional
- Place a small square of cheesecloth over the opening of the shaker
- Screw the lid onto the jar opening
- Decorate if you are so inclined (I’d love to see what you create, feel free to post on our Facebook page!)
That’s really it! Cheap, easy, effective. Wow, do I ever deliver!
Now, all you need to do is shake it up every few days to ‘re-generate’ the gentle scent from the essential oils, and replace every 1-3 months.
Enjoy this little room deodorizer!
For more cleaning tips and tricks check out our amazing E-Book Bundle! It gives you access to our e-books 50 DIY Recipes, Guide to Essential Oils, & My 3 Wave Cleaning System.
Looking for a BETTER & EASIER Way to Clean Your Home?
Cleaning Expert Melissa Maker is here to help with her game-changing 3 Wave Cleaning System that will help you clean your house faster and easier than you ever thought possible!