Fitted sheets are what one calls, a pain in the behind. Let’s face it, that ‘elastic-y’ part is the troublemaker—wreaking havoc on our folding attempts. It becomes frustrating, then challenging, then infuriating, and finally a sense of hopelessness ensues and the sheet ends up rolled up into a tight, wrinkly ball and jammed in the back of a closet. If my description resonates with you, it’s because I know it all too well. What a pain. Anyway, the good news is that I’ve figured out an easy way fold a fitted sheet, so here you go!
Clean My Space has a whole host of articles that will help you take your laundry game to the next level! Check out How to Steam Clothes & TikTok Cleaning Hacks!
Instructions To Fold A Fitted Sheet
- Start by laying the sheet flat, with the ‘elastic-y’ part facing down. You are well served to do this on a flat surface (like a bed). Make sure it’s fairly flat and all corners are evenly pulled out to create a clean square or rectangle.
- Pick two corners to start with (usually the ones closest together on the short side) and stick a hand in each corner of the sheet.
- Get your hand right in that gusset and your index finger right in that corner—that way you know you’ve got the corners where you need them.
- Take your right hand’s corner and flip it on top of your left hand’s corner. Smooth the sheets out until you’ve gotten a nice natural ‘edge’ that you can work with.
- You’ll notice the sheet looks twisted somewhat down the middle, and that’s perfectly normal, we’ll fix that right now. Head over to the other side and repeat the process while naturally untwisting the sheets. To do this, find the corners with each hand again, and this time reverse your steps. Flip your left hand over your right hand, and that will get both elasticy corners on the same side.
- Now, you have a clean edged rectangle to work with. Create 2 tri-folds, tucking the bulkier part in first, and then flipping the cleaner edge over second. Then, repeat, folding the bulkier edge in first, the cleaner edge second.
- You’re done – you’ve got a neatly folded fitted sheet, congratulations!
It takes a few times to get it perfect, but once you know how to do it, you’ll never forget—it’s like riding a bike!
If you’re looking to up your cleaning game check out our E-Book Bundle! It gives you three amazing e-books (The Complete Guide to Essential Oils, My 3-Wave Cleaning System, and 50 DIY Cleaning Recipes) and is the perfect gift for any cleaning fanatics out there!
Looking for a BETTER & EASIER Way to Clean Your Home?
Cleaning Expert Melissa Maker is here to help with her game-changing 3 Wave Cleaning System that will help you clean your house faster and easier than you ever thought possible!