Sometimes when it comes to decluttering the biggest problem we face is not knowing where (or even how) to start.
With this in mind, here are 10 things you might have cluttering your home unnecessarily that you can part with today!
- Pillows – do you have ’emergency’ pillows hanging around your house? These can be the first things to go.
- Old Hair Products – let’s face it, we all have too many hair products, so this is a great opportunity to go through them and get rid of ones that you don’t use anymore / have expired and are just taking up space.
- Boxes – sometimes it’s easy to want to hang on to boxes for products that you have bought – you know, just in case, but if it feels like the walls are closing in on you because of clutter, ridding yourself of useless boxes can be an easy way to slim the chaos.
- Belts – we all probably have too many belts, so a few minutes spent going through all your belts and slimming down your collection to the ones you use most will be a space saver.
- Hair Ties – we have hundreds of hair ties lying around our house and while they don’t take up much room, they serve as unnecessary clutter that you can quickly and easily part with.
- Free Samples – trust me, free samples aren’t very free when they are cluttering up your bathroom (or anywhere else for that matter). If you don’t use a free sample with a few days of receiving it – odds are – you’re not going to use it and it will become clutter. So go through any samples that you have and use them up or toss them!
- Single Socks – do you have single socks lying around that you are hoping will return to the rotation once you find the other ‘missing’ sock? Well, now is a great time to part with socks and free up some drawer space!
- Dish Towels – nasty dish towels seem to stick around for the same reason pillows do – just in case there’s an emergency need for a bunch of old towels – but in the meantime they are cluttering up your closet or cupboard, it’s time to move on from these.
- Junk Mail Folder – while it doesn’t take up space in your home, it takes up space in your email and can cause the same feelings of overwhelm. Take some time to go through your inbox and slim down the junk!
- Old Shoes – you know what I mean, they live in your closet and you keep passing them over because you might where them one time each year to maybe go somewhere, but you never do. Kick old shoes to the curb and save some space in your closet!
Thanks for watching and let us know in the comments:
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DECLUTTER?