Each season I like to go through my essentials and see what needs to be restocked and reorganized. While wintertime usually calls for a bit of organizing, it’s also my time to take account for what needs to be replenished or replaced. Since summer means three months of spending time outdoors and potentially traveling, I like to make sure that I am well prepared for what the next season has to offer. If you’re in the mood for some pre-winter prep, keep scrolling to see which 10 items you should be restocking before the season starts.
- Vacuum: Whether it’s a Roomba or a Dyson vacuum, these machines help keep floors clean and allergies at bay. If you’re a pet owner like myself, a vacuum will be your best friend.
- Broom and Dustpan: This is obvious. If you have any hard surfaces like wood, tile, cork, and linoleum, you will need a broom and dustpan to get them clean. Dustpans help with the process, and of course are crucial for quickly cleaning up any spills.
- Rubber Gloves: They create a barrier for your skin. Our skin is meant to be delicate, soft, and smooth. Continually exposing it to harsh conditions will soon turn our hands into quite the opposite.
- Spray Bottle: Keep spray bottles on hand if you ever need to rinse something off with water, or like to make your own cleaners. I use spray bottles in most of my cleaning tasks.
- Dish Soap: Whether you only use a dishwasher or not, dish soap has more uses than just for the kitchen! From cleaning the floors to killing weeds outside and everything in between, dish soap is an essential must-have.
- Vinegar: Time and time again vinegar can be used to clean salt stains, smells, bacteria, glass & mirror smudges, floors, ovens, stainless steel appliances, and add flavor to food! Needless to say, it’s on our top ten.
- Sponge: There are a huge variety of sponges out there. It’s nice to have a mix of regular sponges, some with an abrasive side, and then some with a microfiber side to tackle just about any dirty surface. If you plan on reusing a sponge, don’t forget to clean it!
- Baking Soda: Yes, baking soda. This odorless white powder does so much more than leaven your cookies. It is truly a magical little cleaner, with a fine grit that cleans without scratching your home or body.
- Lemons: When life hands you lemons, open your arms wide and say, “Thank you, Life!” Because lemons are awesome! They’re fantastic kitchen helpers, a natural, mild disinfectant that fits in the palm of your hand. They smell great and aren’t likely to cause damage to materials you’re cleaning such as fabric or wood.
- Microfiber Cloths: Just like the white towels, getting a ton of these to keep on hand is super helpful. Microfiber can often get surfaces clean on its own or with just a little water, and shouldn’t scratch or leave streaks behind. And of course, I love my own microfiber cleaning cloths, which you can find here (wink wink): MakersClean.com
Do you have any essential cleaning items of your own? Let us know in the comments below!
Looking for a BETTER & EASIER Way to Clean Your Home?
Cleaning Expert Melissa Maker is here to help with her game-changing 3 Wave Cleaning System that will help you clean your house faster and easier than you ever thought possible!