Growing up, I had the messiest desk in my classroom. You know, the desks that you can stuff things into? In fact, mine was so bad, that at one time, a teacher who shall remain nameless dumped the contents of my desk out in front of the whole class and made me reorganize it. So embarrassing. Anyway, it was pretty obvious that I just had a bad habit of shoving everything into my desk. But now, I find that a messy desk isn’t overly helpful in me leading a productive day. When I started working full time, I had to create a new habit so that I could actually find things and not get overwhelmed by the clutter. Interestingly, research shows that it takes 21 days to form a new habit, so after doing this for just 3 weeks, my office became a cleaner, more organized place.
This is the concept behind the LISTERINE® 21 Day Challenge; use Listerine for 21 days and you too can have a healthier mouth. Seems pretty easy for a nice long-term payoff!
So in the spirit of creating new habits, I want to share some of my desk and office cleaning routine with you, and hopefully this will inspire you to try a new routine of your own out!
· Firstly, I have a to-do list for the day, sounds really obvious but it keeps me on track. I found my productivity increased so much, and I forgot less. It just takes a pen and paper.
· I keep all my rogue papers in a file on top of my desk, and I go through it each day. That way, if I have to get rid of something or move it to a more permanent location, I can do that, or I can shred it. By the way, I love shredding to get rid of papers. Papers lead to clutter, and that leads to a messy, unproductive space.
· I line everything up parallel and perpendicular on my desk before I leave. That way, when I come in to work each morning, I have an organized desk to get to work on. This way, everything looks tidy and ready for a new day.
· Everything in the office has a home; and if it doesn’t, either it gets a new one or it gets out of my office!
· I clean my electronics once a week with a microfiber cloth, and I use some rubbing alcohol to disinfect my keyboard, phone and mouse.
These are so simple sounding, but make for a much cleaner and organized, not to mention productive office space.
Now, back to that mouthwash habit. I brush, I floss, but I don’t use mouthwash. Hey, that rhymes! Anyway, I’m going to give the LISTERINE® 21 Day Challenge to a healthier mouth a go, and you can too. Head over to the Listerine Facebook Page to share your ‘Swish Selfie’!
Take the LISTERINE® 21 Day Challenge for a chance to win $500. http://bit.ly/1eAl07k Research shows it takes only 21 days to form a new habit. Submit your #swishselfie and join the #21daychallenge today.